We are a termite treatment Sacramento provider that will help you control these harmful insects. Pest Control Pros will do a free inspection of your home or business. Below is more information on termites and how they can be harmful to your home or business.
Termites are among the pests most feared by homeowners. Observing swarms of flying termites does not always mean your home or building is infested. A professional inspection of the structure is usually required to confirm an infestation. If you suspect your home is infested, call a professional. Regular inspections every three to five years help detect infestations before they become damaging. Do-it-yourself pesticides for use against termites are generally not effective.
Management of each termite species is different.
- Subterranean: build nests in soil and infest wood that is in contact with soil or access wood via earthen shelter tubes.
- Dampwood: nest in very moist wood and soil and are most often found in cool, humid areas along the coast.
- Drywood: nest above ground in relatively dry wood such as lumber, utility poles, fences, and dead limbs on trees.
If termites invade your home:
- Destroy any shelter tubes that subterranean termites have built between soil and wood structures.
- Remove infested wood and eliminate excess moisture.
- For any suspected or confirmed infestation, contact a professional for help. Pesticides and specialized devices and techniques available only to licensed pest control operators are usually needed to control structural.
Termite control methods.
- Most proven effective methods are for professional use only in California, so itís best to hire a professional
- Careful inspection is needed to detect and delimit termite damage and colonies, in order to make best use of localized treatments, especially for drywood termites.
- Nonchemical tactics such as wood replacement, heat, electrocution, and the use of desiccants should be considered before pesticides. These may be especially useful against drywood termites.
- Barrier applications of insecticides may be made around structural perimeters by professional applicators through trenching, drilling or rodding. Examples include pyrethroids, as well as newer nonrepellent insecticides such as fipronil, chlorantraniliprole, and imidacloprid.
- Injections of insecticidal liquids, dusts, or foams may be made directly to drywood termite galleries or sometimes to shelter tubes of subterranean termites. Desiccants, oils, pyrethroids, neonicotinoids, fipronil, and many other active ingredients may be used.
- Whole-structure fumigation with sulfuryl fluoride may sometimes be necessary when drywood termite infestation and damage are widespread.
- Bait station systems can be effective in some cases, but may take several months or even years to control the problem and must be followed up with constant monitoring.
So contact us to day to get a free estimate. Call (916) 378-5102